I know it’s not summer yet, but these tips are really a good idea all year around! Summer is coming, are you ready?
Summer can be a challenging season for maintaining healthy skin due to the increased exposure to sunlight and higher temperatures.
Here are 7 tips for healthy skin during the summer months:
1. Wear sunscreen: Sun protection is essential during the summer to prevent skin damage and premature aging. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher before going outside, and reapply every two hours or more often if you are sweating or swimming. Wear your sunscreen all year round, and even if its cloudy, or you are in the car; your car windows do not protect you from the sun’s UV rays. As someone who rather use an all natural product, I so went hunting for a fantastic sunscreen that would work with this tip. And boy did I find one! It’s great for all year around, in fact!
EltaMD UV Sheer SPF 50+ Face and Body Sunscreen Lotion, Water-Resistant Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide, Broad Spectrum Mineral-Based Sun Protection, and it’s Non-Greasy! Check it out here: EltaMD Sunscreen
2. Stay hydrated: I know, like duh! But many forget to drink a lot of water, no matter the year. Drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated is important for healthy skin. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. If you do not drink enough water, it will show up on your face. No one wants to look older than they really are!
3. Cleanse your skin: Cleansing your skin helps to remove dirt, oil, and sweat that can clog pores and cause breakouts. Use a gentle cleanser twice a day to keep your skin clean and refreshed.
4. Exfoliate: Exfoliating your skin helps to remove dead skin cells and improve skin texture. Use a gentle exfoliating scrub once or twice a week to keep your skin smooth and radiant. When exfoliating and applying serums and moisturizers, always take the product down your neck to your décolleté and the back of your hands and wrists. Your hands age too!
5. Moisturize: Using a lightweight moisturizer can help to keep your skin hydrated without feeling heavy or greasy. Look for moisturizers with ingredients like hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which can help to lock in moisture. By changing your moisturizer to a lighter on during the summer, helps with not getting too greasy, because greasy skin can lead to breakouts, and no one likes acne, at any age!
6. Limit sun exposure: Try to avoid spending too much time in the sun, especially during peak hours when the sun’s rays are strongest. Wear protective clothing like hats and sunglasses, and seek shade whenever possible to reduce your risk of sunburn and skin damage. Gone are the days to need to bake in the sun to get a good tan. There are lots of good self-tanners on the market these days. If you are looking for one for just your face?
Check out Golden Star Beauty! They have one that is on the BEST SELLER list!!
By following these tips, you can help to keep your skin healthy and radiant throughout summer. In fact, they are pretty good tips for all year around!
So what do you think, do you like the tips? What would you add?