A healthy diet is essential for boosting your natural beauty. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables helps to keep your skin looking clear and radiant. Eating foods that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, can help to keep your hair looking shiny and lustrous. Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and looking plump. And avoiding foods that are high in sugar and unhealthy fats can help to prevent breakouts and keep your skin looking its best.
So what are the best foods to eat for natural beauty? Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Salmon – salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for keeping your hair looking shiny and lustrous. (Can’t say it’s one of my favorites, but others love it!) Its the Omega-3 fatty acids that salmon has that makes it so good for you. My eye doctor once took me my eyes were too dry, and told me to take a fish oil with the highest amount of Omega-3 in it. Its one of the reasons why fish oils are so important in your diet. BUT – not everyone is a fish fan when it comes to eating it. So you need a good replacement. Personally, I dislike cooking Salmon because of the smell, and the fact you will probably smell it the next day depending on how you cooked it. 😛
I went on the hunt for a superb fish oil and as I hunted, I came across the brand Nordic Naturals and decided to start my intake of fish with Nordic Naturals – Ultimate omega 2X!
Its a fish oil that doesn’t taste like fish oil, for starters! Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 2X features their highest concentration omega-3 fish oil in soft gels. My mom gave us castor oil as kids to help get vitamins into us.
Even now, I can’t take anything that taste like a fish oil, or smells like a fish oil! 😛 Nordic Naturals taste like lemons (at least the one I have does) Plus they are one company that doesn’t buy their ingredients from other companies to make their own, they are it!
If you are looking for a fish oil, I totally recommend Nordic Naturals! It comes in different types as well, this one just happens to be the one I take. Also, you don’t have to worry about it being made in China (yes people do worry about that) 100% of Nordic Naturals fish oil is manufactured in Norway. They have a website here: https://www.nordic.com/ or you can buy them from Amazon here: Nordic Naturals or buy them from your local drug store. I can’t say enough good stuff about them! They even have an PURITY GUARANTEED – Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from fresh, wild-caught, omega-rich fish. They are committed to using only non-GMO, gluten- & dairy-free ingredients with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
2. Water – drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and looking plump. I don’t think you could ever drink too much water, but at least aim for 8 glasses worth.
3. Berries – berries are full of antioxidants, which help to protect your skin from damage and keep it looking young and radiant. Who doesn’t love strawberries or blueberries? All, so good for us! If you can’t get them fresh, go for frozen, but stay away from cans if at all possible. If you can’t get your fruit any other way but in cans? Then start away from them packed in sugared water, get them packaged in their own juices.
4. Spinach – spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals, which help to keep your skin looking healthy and your hair strong. I know that many are not too crazy about spinach, so try other dark green leafy products, such as Kale or Mustard. Did you know you can turn Kale into chips! I didn’t either but there is a way to do it. I will have to find you the recipe, and when I do I will add it.
5. Nuts – nuts are a great source of healthy fats, which can help to keep your skin looking supple and your hair shiny. That doesn’t mean nuts covered in yogurt, or sweet candy shell. Sure they are good, but they also add extra sugars no one needs more of!
6. Dark chocolate – dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, which help to protect your skin from damage and keep it looking young and radiant.Yum!
So there you have it – six of the best foods to eat for natural beauty. So what are you waiting for? Start incorporating these into your diet today and see the difference!